Early Session Timeout

No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_LMS_*

Guest_Guest_LMS_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

I have a problem that I am trying to track down but need some advice on how to diagnose. I have an asp.net 2.0 application that is using NCache Professional to cache Session.

web.config looks like this

<sessionState cookieless="false" regenerateExpiredSessionId="false" mode="Custom" customProvider="NCacheSessionProvider" timeout="15">
<providers>
<add name="NCacheSessionProvider" type="Alachisoft.NCache.Web.SessionState.NSessionStoreProvider"
exceptionsEnabled="true" enableSessionLocking="true" emptySessionWhenLocked="false" sessionLockingRetry="-1"
sessionAppId="NCacheApp" useInProc="false" enableLogs="false" cacheName="ProdCache" writeExceptionsToEventLog="false" AsyncSession="false"/>
</providers>
</sessionState>

I have code in the HttpApplication_PreRequestHandlerExecute to look at the .IsNewSession value

the problem is I am losing the session before the 15 min timeout, I want to know if possibly the session is being evicted, but cannot find any logging for eviction and only see statistics for a given time slice in the NCache mgr app.

is there a way to see if evictions are causing the early timeout\session loss or someone else experienced a similar issue? thanks for your help.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users