3rd party dll is NOT serializable

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Armen_*

• Guests

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:46 AM

We are considering using NCache instead of AppFabric.
We downloaded a trial version of the NCache Enterprise, so we can test it, before making the switch.

I downloaded it, and changed our code to use NCache. It works for many object, however some fails because NCache claims that the object is not marked as serializable.
This object is from a class that is a part of a 3rd party assembly that we have no control over.
Therefor we cannot mark it as serializable.

Is there anything we can do? This object was cached perfectly when using appfabric.

#2 Ron

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

This forum post is already replied in another topic, i am pasting response here for a reference.

NCache being an out of process distributed caching system expects application objects to be serialized first. You can make use of .NET or any other serialization for this in your application. However, if you do not have application code then you can also use our Dynamic Compact serialization feature that lets you serialize your objects without any code changes.

NCache Compact serialization requires your application objects (.dll) to be registered with NCache Manager as Compact types and it generates serialization and De-serialization code for these registered objects which is executed at run time when you try to add/fetch an object from cache.

Our Compact serialization is very fast and compact in comparison to .NET serialization. You would optimize performance for serialization and that too without any code changes

Please let me know if there are any questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users