NCache Open Source Edition
90% Features Open Source
NCache is an extremely fast and scalable In-Memory Distributed Cache for .NET / .NET Core. NCache Open Source Edition has 90% of all NCache features to help developers use it without any approvals and purchases. The Open Source version comes with the following benefits:
- Free of cost (Released Under Apache License, Version 2.0)
- 90% features included (Majority of Developer-Related features included)
- No registration required (Registration is Optional)
- Community based technical support through NCache Google Groups
- Available for both Windows and Linux. Download or as Docker images.
- Available for both Public and Private Clouds
Community Support Forum
NCache Enterprise and Professional editions come with paid support and maintenance SLAs (for bug fixing and feature upgrades). NCache Enterprise even comes with 24x7 support.
But, NCache Open Source does not come with any support or maintenance SLA by Alachisoft. Instead, you have to use it on an "as-is" basis. However, there is community-based support available at NCache Google Groups. If you post questions at this forum, you’re likely to get a reply from the community and even Alachisoft tech support team. But, there is no SLA for it.
Features in NCache Open Source
90% of all NCache features are included in NCache Open Source. Below is a highlight of these features:
- .NET and .NET Core Support
- Application Data Caching
- SQL & LINQ Searching
- Manage Data Relationships in Cache
- Sync Cache with Database
- Read-thru, Write-thru, Write-behind
- Pub/Sub Messaging and Continuous Query
- Big Data Processing & Analytics thru Map Reduce
- ASP.NET and .NET Core Sessions
- ASP.NET and ASP.NET Core SignalR Backplane
- ASP.NET View State and Output Cache
- EF 6.x and EF Core Caching
- NHibernate Caching
- Azure and AWS Compatible
Features Not in NCache Open Source
Below is a highlight of the features not included in NCache Open Source:
- Caching Topologies for High Availability (Partition-Replica Cache, Mirrored Cache)
- WAN Replication (Bridge Topology)
- Live Upgrade
- Split-Brain Detection and Recovery
- ASP.NET & ASP.NET Core Sessions (Advanced)
- ASP.NET & ASP.NET Core Sessions (Multi-site)
- NCache Manager (GUI)
- NCache Monitor (GUI)
- PowerShell Cmdlet Tools (advanced)
- Security & Encryption
- Java Clients
How to Obtain NCache Open Source?
NCache Open Source is available from the following places for you to obtain and use.
What to Do Next?