NCache Docker on Nano Server
NCache provides NCache Enterprise images for Nano Server hosted on Alachisoft’s repository on Docker Hub. Once the Docker environment has been set according to its pre-requisites, you can pull the images to get working on NCache.
Pre-requisites for Docker
- Windows Update KB3176936 or later on Windows Server 2016.
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update for Windows 10.
- Virtualization and Hyper-V must be enabled.
- Transparent networking enabled in Docker environment (explained in later chapters).
- A shell of your choice, cmd.exe, PowerShell or any other.
What is Installed with NCache Image?
NCache Enterprise with NCache services (NCacheSvc, NCLoaderSvc, NBridgeSvc) and License Activation tool.
microsoft/dotnet:2.1-runtime. The docker image for Nano Server is built upon the base image of .NET Core Runtime 2.1. This image is further built upon a runtime image of Windows Nano Server.
In this Section
Create NCache Containers on Nano Server
Describes steps to create containers hosting NCache in Nano Server environment.
Use NCache on Docker on Nano Server
Explains how NCache can be used in Nano Server environment.