Release Notes NCache 3.6.1
Thursday, March 26, 2009
NCache 3.6.1 contains a number of useful enhancements and bug fixes that have been
reported by customers. It is a recommended upgrade for all users of NCache. Those using
NCache 3.6.x version can upgrade without re-building/re-compiling the application.
Enhancements and New Additions
Following are some enhancements made in this release:
- NCache client rebalancing among cache server nodes:
Now the NCache client connections are automatically rebalanced among the cluster
nodes when a new node joins the cache. So now you do not have to worry any more
about client load balancing on cache servers.
- New Counters for performance monitoring:
New counters for performance monitoring are added in the ‘NCache’ category in
Windows Perfmon counters.
- Improvements in DB dependency:
NCache now supports the use of Stored-Procedures and Command Object in DB
List of Bugs Fixed:
- 736204 FIX: NCache service constantly consumes CPU if there is one item left in the
cache with the SQL Yukon dependency and the dependency is triggered.
- 736203 FIX: AVG counters show incorrect values for Average Add/sec, Update/sec and
- 736202 FIX: Memory leakage and performance issue related with Least Recently Used
and Least Frequently Used eviction policies (LRU/LFU).
- 736201 FIX: Bind to IP Dialog corrupts the display if there are more than 2 network
cards on a system.
- 736200 FIX: NCache Service consumes CPU at some fixed interval even when there is
no activity on the cache after a load test is stopped after running for hours.
- NCache Enterprise Edition 3.6.x
- NCache Professional Edition 3.6.x