Monitor Cache Server Counters
Get-CacheServerStatistics cmdlet displays the statistics of the specified cache. It displays a list of performance counters by default which can be extended by a list of custom counters. It helps you save the counters in a .CSV file which can be opened in Microsoft Excel. Moreover, the .CSV file can be converted to .BLG format for viewing counters in Performance Monitor.
Get-CacheServerStatistics [-CacheName] [-Servers] [-CounterNames] [-DoNotShowDefaultCounters] [-Continuous] [-Format] [-SampleInterval] [-MaxSamples] [-NoLogo]
These properties are explained in detail in the Properties section.
- The following command displays the default counters of the server for demoCache from the default node.
Get-CacheServerStatistics -CacheName demoCache
- The following command displays the default counters for the cache demoCache from the client nodes 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206.
Get-CacheServerStatistics -CacheName demoCache -Servers "220.127.116.11,18.104.22.168"
- The following command displays the specified counters for demoCache and does not display the default counters.
Get-CacheServerStatistics -CacheName demoCache -DoNotShowDefaultCounters -CounterNames "List Count"
- The following command displays the default counters and specified counters of the cache demoCache.
Get-CacheServerStatistics -CacheName demoCache -CounterNames "Compression/sec"
- The following command displays the default counters for the cache demoCache continuously after every default sample interval.
Get-CacheServerStatistics -CacheName demoCache -Continuous
- The following command gets default counters for the cache demoCache continuously after every 3 second interval.
Get-CacheServerStatistics -CacheName demoCache -Continuous -SampleInterval 3
- The following command gets default counters and specified counters for cache demoCache continuously after every 3 second interval and displays output in csv format.
Get-CacheServerStatistics -CacheName demoCache -Continuous -SampleInterval 3 -Format csv
- The following command gets default counters and specified counters for the cache demoCache continuously after every 3 seconds and saves the output in .CSV file at the path provided.
Get-CacheServerStatistics -CacheName demoCache -Continuous -SampleInterval 3 -Format csv | Out-File -Encoding ascii "C:\test.csv"
Note: The parameters with asterisk (*) on their names are the required parameters and the rest are optional.
|Parameters||Data Types||Description||Default Value|
||Specifies the name of the cache for which counters need to be fetched.||-|
||Specifies one or more server name(s) where the NCache service is running and a cache with the specified cache-name is running.
NOTE: Comma (,) separated server names are to be specified in case of multiple clients.
||Specifies one or more counter(s) not included in default counters that should be displayed.
NOTE: Comma (,) separated counter names are to be specified in case of multiple counters. The PerfMon counters mentioned on this page can be fetched by this switch.
||Specified in order to get the statistics continuously.||-|
||Specifies whether default counters are to be shown.
NOTE: This parameter is only valid if Counter Names are provided.
||By default display format is tabular but it can be set to CSV, and that CSV output can be saved in CSV file for future use.||Tabular|
||Specifies the time between samples in seconds. Minimum value is 3 seconds.||1|
||Specifies the number of samples to get from each counter. To get samples continuously (no maximum sample size), use the Continuous parameter.
NOTE: The Continuous parameter and the MaxSamples parameter cannot be used in the same command. If Sample Interval is provided, it will take the next Sample after that interval otherwise it will use the default value i.e. 3 seconds.
||Suppresses display of the logo banner.||False|
Verify Cache Health
Monitor Cache Using PerfMon