Browse Cache Statistics
Make sure NCache Service is started. If it is not started, do the following:
In PowerShell, enter the following command:
Start-Service -Name NCacheSvc
For .NET Core, make sure that you run NCache service as an administrator. Here are the steps to do so:
- Open Services window and look for NCache in the list.
- Right click on NCacheSvc from the list and choose Properties.
- Go to the Log On tab and click on the Browse button.
- In the object name field, type Administrator and click on the Check Names button.
- It will pick the appropriate Administrator, then click OK.
- Now, set a Password and click OK.
- Right click on the NCache service and choose the Restart option. Now your service will start running as administrator.
NCache Web Manager
Launch NCache Web Manager by browsing to
<server-ip>:8251(Windows + Linux).
In the left navigation bar, click on Local Caches or Clustered Caches based on your requirement. This opens up a new page at
<server-ip>:8251/. The page shows any existing local or clustered caches and additional details like Server and Server Platform.
Select the cache and check the checkbox against the cache name.
Method 1: Click on the "..." button against the cache name. Click on Show statistics from the options.
Method 2: Click on from the toolbar.
A statistic window will pop open showing the cache statistics.
Here you will also find . This button allows you to test your cache under stress cache by automatically feeding it sample data.
Once the Test-Stress button is clicked, you will be prompted with this dropdown menu and a Start button where you will have to specify the time for the stress test. Select your desired time and click on the Start button.
After this you can monitor your cache counters to see the results.
- In order to add counters for monitoring, click on the + sign against Performance Counters on the top of the page.
- From the category list select NCache. It shows all the present caches on the server node provided.
- Select the instance of the cache that needs to be monitored. A list of counters are displayed.
- Select the counters from the list and click on on . It shows a list of selected counters.
- Selected counters can then be added by clicking .