Create Deployment User for Automatic Deployment in Azure
For automatic deployment of resources in your Azure subscription, you need to provide information of a deployment user. This user allows you to deploy and configure resources in your Azure subscription. You can add an Azure Active Directory user as a deployment user. This deployment user has the permission to deploy and manage NCache Servers in your Azure subscription but it must be created before the deployment user creation given below. For further details, refer to the Quick Start Guide by Microsoft Azure . Follow the steps given below to create a new deployment user.
- If you already have a configured Azure Deployment User, then you can skip to the step where you associate that user with your subscription by clicking the Skip to Authorize Deployment User option. This will take you to the Authorize Deployment User tab.
- If you skip the deployment user creation step, then you will need to accept legal terms on your subscription for programmatic deployment of NCache image, the details of which are explained in the Special Considerations section.
- You cannot add a personal account user as deployment user because active directory app service uses organizational account by default.
Create New Deployment User in Azure
On the Automatic Deployment screen in front of you, you have a form that allows you to create a new Deployment User in Azure.
On the Create a new Azure Deployment User form, fill out the Name, Azure AD User Principal Name, Password, and Role Name fields.
Enter your Azure Subscription ID in the Azure Subscription ID box.
You can specify the resource group or multiple groups on which this user will have permissions in the Resource Group Name box.
- To provide multiple resource groups, you need to separate them using commas.
- If the field is left blank, then this deployment user will have permissions on all resource groups that fall under the subscription whose ID you provided earlier.
- Click on Next: Create Deployment User.
This will take you to the Create Deployment User tab.
Create Deployment User
You need admin rights in Azure to create a deployment user.
- On the basis of the information you provided in the previous tab, NCache Cloud Portal will auto generate a user script to create your deployment user in Azure. Copy this script by clicking on the Copy button.
Launch Azure CLI in a new tab by clicking on the > Launch CLI button.
Paste the script here and run it.
When done, go back to the Create Deployment User tab on NCache Cloud Portal and select I have created the user using above script through CLI.
Granting permission to create a deployment user might take some time.
- Click on the Next: Authorize Deployment User button to authorize this deployment user against your SaaS subscription.
Authorize Deployment User
- Enter the name of your Azure Deployment User in the User Name textbox.
Click on Authorize User for Deployment.
This will redirect you to login to your Microsoft account. Once authorized, you will be asked to accept permissions on your account. Click on Accept to allow Alachisoft the required permissions.
On successful authorization of the deployment user, you will be notified as Deployment User "John Smith" added.
To create an environment for auto deployment of servers in Azure, you have to accept legal terms on your subscription for programmatic deployment of NCache image. If you follow the steps provided in this sequentially, then you do not need to accept these terms; the script generated by NCache Cloud will automatically accept these terms on your behalf.
However, if you skipped the deployment user creation step, you will need to manually accept these terms. Follow these steps to learn how to do that:
From Azure marketplace, go to NCache image of your choice. Refer to Cloud Software tab in NCache Download Center for details on the images offered on Azure marketplace.
Under the Create button, click on the Get started link. This will lead you to the Configure Programmatic Deployment page.
The Configure Programmatic Deployment page will show you a list of subscriptions in the Choose the subscriptions section.
Select the Enable option against the subscription under which you want to deploy servers.
Click on the Save button.
Once you have enabled these terms, you will be able to auto deploy servers through NCache Cloud Portal.
Click on the Next: Environment Configuration button to configure an environment in your cloud subscription, the details of which have been explained in Create New Environment in Azure.