Release Notes NCache 3.6.2
Thursday, July 09, 2009
NCache 3.6.2 contains a number of useful enhancements and bug fixes that have been
reported by customers. It is a recommended upgrade for all users of NCache. Those using
NCache 3.6.x version can upgrade without re-building/re-compiling the application.
Enhancements and New Additions
Following are some enhancements made in this release:
- Log Traces:
Log traces are added for the following events:
Polling based database dependency improvements:
- When a node successfully joins a node in the cluster.
- When a node can not join a node in the cluster.
- When a node leaves the cluster.
Polling based database dependency has the following improvements.
Client.ncconf can be opened in notepad
Improved Error messages:
- User can specify the 'db-cache-key' other than the 'cache-key' to add to
the ncache_db_sync table.
- Resync-expired-items option is now available for this dependency.
Error messages are improved when service fails to start because of unavailable bindto-ip addresses.
List of Bugs Fixed:
- 736208 FIX: Expiration problem that arises in around 20-30 days of using NCache
results in items occupying memory leading to high memory usage.
- 736207 FIX: Client.ncconf is rewritten by NCache service restart and old changes are
- 736206 FIX: Groups and tags information is not preserved if the items are read-thru
from a datasource. Items are loaded in the cache but do not have the tag or group
- 736205 FIX: IIS worker process high CPU consumption bug is fixed.
- NCache Enterprise Edition 3.6.x
- NCache Professional Edition 3.6.x