Release Notes NCache 4.4
Wednesday, January 08, 2015
NCache 4.4 contains some important enhancements and few major bug fixes related to the
stability of the cache. It is a recommended upgrade for all users.
Enhancements and New Additions
Following are some enhancements made in this release:
- Annual Licensing:
NCache licensing has been moved to Annual licensing model from previously
supported perpetual model.
- Memory optimization of internal data structures:
Internal data structures are optimized to reduce the memory overhead of stored
- Cluster startup time improvements:
Huge improvements in cluster startup time for cluster sizes over 20 nodes.
- New perfmon counter for memory usage:
New perfmon counters are introduced to measure the memory acquired by various
indexes. Following are the brief descriptions for each of them:
OQL related new permfon counters:
- Eviction Index Size: Size of eviction indices define on the cache.
- Expiration Index Size: Size of expiration indices defined on cache. (All dependencies
meta info is also covered under this counter like meta info of ‘Key Dependency’,
‘SQL Dependency’ etc…)
- Group Index Size: Size of group and sub group indices.
- Query Index Size: Size of query indices defined on cache.
- NOTE: “Cache Size” counter now includes the size of actual key, value pair and the
memory utilized by above mentioned indexes.
OQL related new perfmon counters are also introduced to measure the performance
of the query related cache operations like:
Average µs/Query Execution: Average time query take while executing.
Average Query Size: Average Number of items returned by queries.
Queries/sec: Number of queries per sec on cache.
Support for Windows Server 2012 R2:
NCache is now fully compatible with Windows Server 2012 R2.
List of Bugs Fixed:
- 744101 FIX: Timeouts to some of the connected clients on server node join.
- 744102 FIX: Item loss in partitioned-replica of two nodes, when one of them goes down
while each node has more than 50% of cache filled.
- 744103 FIX: NCache Manager lists down IPv6 addresses on multiple NIC configuration
- 744104 FIX: Few other minor bug fixes in command line tools.