Configure Firewall (Optional)
If you have a firewall or a router between your cache clients (web/app servers) and the cache servers, then you must open up specific ports in your firewall. This will ensure that cache clients are able to talk to the cache servers.
NCache server uses the following TCP ports for communication.
- Client/Server Port: 9800 (Default TCP port for cache client and server communication)
- Management Port: 8250 (Default TCP port for PowerShell cmdlets and NCache service)
- Cluster Port: Cluster-port that you define in cache cluster configuration. It is recommended to use a consecutive range of ports, (Default range is 7800-7900), and configure Firewall to allow communication on this port range.
- Cache Management Port: The port range for cache management. The default port range is 8300-8400.
But, if there is a port conflict and the above default ports are being used by other applications then you must configure all the cache servers to use different ports.
Step 1: Modify Cache Service Configuration File
The cache service configuration file is found in NCache installation as follows:
- .NET: Alachsioft.NCache.Service.exe.config located in %NCHOME%/bin/service
- .NET Core Windows: Alachsioft.NCache.Service.dll.config located in %NCHOME%/bin/service
.NET Core Linux: Alachsioft.NCache.Daemon.dll.config located in /opt/ncache/bin/service
Change the “Port” for Client/Server communication and “ManagementPort” for NCache management in the file below.
<appSettings> ... <add key="NCacheServer.Port" value="9800"/> ... <add key="NCacheServer.ManagementPort" value="8250"/> ... </appSettings>
Step 2: Restart NCache Service
For the configuration changes made to take effect, restart NCache Service:
Make sure you have enough privileges to restart the service. If the user is not the part of the Administrator's group, make sure to run PowerShell as administrator, otherwise you might get an error message that "Cannot open ncachesvc service on computer".
Execute the following command in PowerShell to restart NCache Service:
Restart-Service -Name NCacheSvc
In a terminal of your choice, execute the following command:
> sudo systemctl restart ncached