Monitor NCache Using Windows PerfMon Tool
NCache publishes its performance counters through PerfMon. You can monitor NCache Counters for a specific cache on any Windows machine using the Windows PerfMon tool.
Make sure NCache Service is started. If it is not started, do the following:
In the command line tool of your choice, enter the following command:
Start-Service -Name NCacheSvc
For .NET Core, make sure that you run NCache Service as an administrator. Here are the steps to do so:
- Open the Services Window and look for NCache in the list.
- Right click on NCacheSvc from the list and choose Properties.
- Go to the Log On tab and click on the Browse button.
- In the object name field, type Administrator and click on the Check Names button.
- It will pick the appropriate Administrator, then click OK.
- Now, set a Password and click OK.
- Right click on the NCache Service and choose the Restart option. Now your service will start running as administrator.
In This Section
Monitoring Cache Server Counters using PerfMon
Explains how to view and monitor all the counters related to the cache server through the PerfMon tool.
Monitoring Cache Client Counters using PerfMon
Explains how to view and monitor all the counters related to the cache client through the PerfMon tool.
Monitoring Bridge Counters using PerfMon
Explains how to view and monitor all the counters related to the Bridge through the PerfMon tool.