Monitoring Cache Client Counters using PerfMon
NCache publishes cache client counters in PerfMon under the category NCache Client. This category has all the counters related to the cache client.
Ensure the NCache Service is started. If it is not started, do the following:
In the command line tool of your choice, enter the following command:
Start-Service -Name NCacheSvc
For .NET Core, make sure that you run NCache Service as an administrator. Here are the steps to do so:
- Open the Services Window and look for NCache in the list.
- Right click on NCacheSvc from the list and choose Properties.
- Go to the Log On tab and click on the Browse button.
- In the object name field, type Administrator and click on the Check Names button.
- It will pick the appropriate Administrator, then click OK.
- Now, set a Password and click OK.
- Right click on the NCache Service and choose the Restart option. Now your service will start running as administrator.
- Ensure your caches are running.
Follow these steps to monitor the NCache client side counters through the PerfMon tool:
Press the WINDOWS + R keys on your keyboard or click on the Windows start menu and then type PerfMon and press ENTER key.
Opens the PerfMon tool.
Click on the Performance Monitor under Monitoring Tools.
Click on the cross (X) button to remove the default counter which is already added on it.
- Then click on the plus (+) button to open the Add Counters dialog box.
- Using the vertical slider of the available counters list box, scroll upward to find the NCache Client category.
- Click on the down arrowhead icon to expand the NCache Client category. All of its counters are listed under it. Select the required counters from this list like this:
All of the current running caches for which clients are running appear inside of Instances of selected objects list box.
Select the required instance, or simply click on the <All instances>, and click on the Add >> button.
All of the selected counters (selected previously) for all the selected instances of caches appear in the Added counters list box.
Click OK. All of the selected counters will appear in the PerfMon tool like this: