Monitoring Pub/Sub Topic Statistics
Pub/Sub topic activity and status can be monitored through the following monitoring tools supported by NCache:
- Windows PerfMon Counters
- NCache Monitor
- Windows PowerShell Cmdlet
Windows Performance Monitor Counters
NCache provides performance counters to monitor topic statistics in a cache:
|Topics Count||Number of topics that are registered on cache|
|Messages Count||Number of messages entertained by the topic. This counter is node level for Partitioned caches.|
|Messages Expired/sec||Number of messages expired per second|
|Messages Delivered/sec||Number of messages delivered to subscribers per second|
|Messages Published/sec||Number of messages published per second|
|Message Store Size||Size of all message stores in bytes, including message store meta info|
NCache Monitor provides the drag/drop Topic Statistics widget from the Cache Server toolbar on the dashboard.
This displays a list view control, showing the following information:
- Topic Name: Name of topic created in cache.
- Messages: Number of messages entertained by the topic.
- Subscribers: Number of subscribers registered against the topic.
- Publishers: Number of publishers registered against the topic.
Get-Topics cmdlet lists topic related information registered against one
specified cache server. It lists down the topic names and the respective number
of subscribers and publishers against each topic name on one server.
Note: Any parameters specified with an asterisk
(*) are required, rest are
||Cache name for which the topics are to be listed.||-|
||The server name on which the NCache service is running.||IP of the local machine|
||The port on which NCache server is listening.||8250|
||Specifies the user Id that is used to authorize the user if security is enabled on the cache server. This
||Specifies the password for user authorization if security is enabled on cache server. This password must be the same as active directory password.||-|
||Suppresses display of the logo banner.||false|
- This command lists all topics and number of respective subscribers and publishers registered on the local server for pubSubCache.
Get-Topics –CacheName pubSubCache
- This command lists all topics and number of respective subscribers and publishers registered on pubSubCache existing on server 184.108.40.206.
Get-Topics –CacheName pubSubCache –Server 220.127.116.11
- This command lists all topics and number of respective subscribers and publishers registered on pubSubCache existing on server 18.104.22.168, using the port 8251.
Get-Topics –CacheName pubSubCache –Server 22.214.171.124 –Port 8251