Monitoring Pub/Sub Topic Statistics
Pub/Sub topic activity and status can be monitored through the following monitoring tools supported by NCache:
- Windows PerfMon Counters
- NCache Monitor
- Windows PowerShell Cmdlet
Windows Performance Monitor Counters
NCache provides performance counters to monitor topic statistics in a cache:
|Topics Count||Number of topics existing in the cache|
|Messages Count||Number of messages entertained by all topics. This counter is node level for Partitioned caches.|
|Messages Expired/sec||Number of messages expired per second|
|Messages Delivered/sec||Number of messages delivered to subscribers per second|
|Messages Published/sec||Number of messages published per second|
|Message Store Size||Size of all message stores in bytes, including message store meta info|
NCache Monitor provides the drag/drop Topic Statistics widget from the Cache Server toolbar on the dashboard.
This displays a list view control, showing the following information:
- Topic Name: Name of topic created in cache.
- Messages: Number of messages entertained by the topic.
- Subscribers: Number of subscribers registered against the topic.
- Publishers: Number of publishers registered against the topic.
Get-Topics cmdlet lists topic related information registered against one specified cache server. It lists down the topic names and the respective number of subscribers and publishers against each topic name on one server.
- This command lists all topics and number of respective subscribers and publishers registered on the local server for pubSubCache.
Get-Topics –CacheName pubSubCache
- This command lists all topics and number of respective subscribers and publishers registered on pubSubCache existing on server 22.214.171.124, using the port 8251.
Get-Topics –CacheName pubSubCache –Server 126.96.36.199 –Port 8251