Reinstall Performance Counters?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_derek_*

• Guests

Posted 23 August 2007 - 05:52 PM

Our server seems to have lost all its performance counters. I have restored most of them by using exctrlst.exe and lodctr command.

The registry tells me the NCache perfmon ini file is located in C:\WINDOWS\inf\009\NCache\tmp92.tmp. However when I run:

lodctr C:\WINDOWS\inf\009\NCache\tmp92.tmp

Nothing happens. I tried unlodctr NCache before running lodctr, but it tells me "Counters for ncache have not been installed yet". The reg entry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services shows an entry as NCache\Performance so I am pretty sure thats the correct name.

Any ideas on how to restore NCache perfmon counters?

#2 Guest_Paul_*

• Guests

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:05 AM

Please run the install utility on the Alachisoft.NCache.Cache.dll

If NCache 64-bit is installed then you need to use 64-bit InstallUtil otherwise you should use 32-bit InstallUtil.exe

1. Go to command prompt
2. Change director to "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727"
3. run the following command
InstallUtil /u "C:\Program Files\NCache\bin\assembly\Alachisoft.NCache.Cache.dll"

InstallUtil /i "C:\Program Files\NCache\bin\assembly\Alachisoft.NCache.Cache.dll"

You should be able to see the counters in perfmon.

For 64-bit installation run this command from the following location

#3 Ron

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:31 AM

Adding some more info on solution above for re installing NCache performance counters.

Latest versions of NCache are built using .NET 4.0 Framework so here is how you should run the command to re-install counters using .NET 4.0 installUtil.

NCache Cache server counters (NCache):

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319>InstallUtil.exe /i "c:\Program Files\NCache\bin\assembly\4.0\Alachisoft.NCache.Cache.dll"

NCache Client counters (NCache Client):

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319>InstallUtil.exe /i "c:\Program Files\NCache\bin\assembly\4.0\Alachisoft.NCache.Web.dll"

You can also verify that if these counters are actually installed in windows performance counter tool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users