Manual Deployment In AWS
On successful registration of account, you will be notified and asked to pick your deployment method of choice. NCache Enterprise Cloud supports two kinds of deployment methods; Automatic & Manual. In this chapter, we'll be discussing Manual Deployment.
For Manual Deployment, you must manually deploy resources. The NCache Cloud Portal generates a CLI script to run manually on your AWS CLI. Or, you can manually deploy resources directly from your cloud vendor.
For Manual Deployment, you do not have to provide any vital information concerning your cloud subscription, like details of user rights on your subscription. You can manually deploy and manage your NCache subscription through the NCache Cloud Portal.
Resource Configuration in AWS
In the Resource Configuration section, we will configure the parameters for the virtual machines which we will deploy. This includes the selection of virtual machine size, login credentials, and vendor specific information, which in case of AWS will be:
- Region: This is the geographical location, where the virtual machine and its associated resources will be located.
- VPC: This will be your AWS Virtual Private Cloud that that assists you in launching your AWS resources in a logically isolated manner.
- VNET: Required by NCache for carrying out network related activities.
- Subnet: This is also a requirement for establishing cluster communication.
Upon choosing Manual Deployment, in the dialog box shown above, you will have to configure your enviroment by doing the following:
Select NCache Version and Server VM Size from the dropdown lists.
Enter the Number of Servers you need to deploy.
Enter the Key Pair Name you have manually created using AWS as discussed in detail in the section below.
- Select Region, and enter your Stack Name (specifically your AWS deployment stack), VPC ID, Internet Gateway ID, and Subnet ID for Deployment Configuration.
The NCache servers will be deployed in the VPC you provide here. You can locate VPCs by searching for them in AWS services and opening their dashboard. Additionally, you can use this dashboard to find yor internet gateway and subnet IDs.
On clicking Go to Dashboard you will be led to the the NCache Cloud Portal Subscription Dashboard displaying your subscription details and deployed servers, if you have any.
- Click on Next.
- Use the generated script for resource deployment by copying and it pasting it in the AWS CLI, which you may do by using the relevant option. As shown below:
- Mark "I have copied and executed above script through CLI." as completed.
- Click on Finish, which will lead you to the following page:
Creating Key Value Pairs For Manual Resource Configuration
- Using the AWS Console, go to Services and select the EC2.
- From there, use the menu to locate Network & Security and click on Key Pairs.
- Click on Create Key Pair which will open a new page.
- Enter the relevant information before clicking on Create Key Pair.
Configure Resources Automatically in AWS
Configure NCache on the Deployed VMs