NCache in the Cloud (SaaS and Software)
NCache is available in Azure and AWS cloud marketplaces as a non-hosted NCache Cloud (SaaS) offering and also as NCache Software on all the cloud platforms including Azure/AWS. This means you can now quickly get NCache up and running in the cloud without much effort. NCache is offered in the cloud as follows:
- NCache Software: Install NCache on a cloud VM or use a preconfigured Docker.
- NCache Cloud (SaaS): Non-hosted SaaS. Buy from Azure / AWS marketplaces.
NCache Software in all Clouds
NCache Software means you install NCache on a plain Virtual Machine (VM) provided in Azure / AWS or other clouds or you use a preconfigured Docker image of NCache.
- Free 60-Day Trial: NCache Software provides a fully working 60-day trial that is totally free for evaluation purposes and you only pay the cloud vendor for the underlying infrastructure like cache server VMs, etc., and nothing for NCache Software licenses. Just register at our website to obtain a trial key.
- BYOL (subscription/perpetual): You purchase NCache Software licenses from Alachisoft and not the cloud vendor and use them in any cloud. This gives you a lot of flexibility through custom quotes and control over your licenses. You also have the flexibility of purchasing annual subscriptions or perpetual licenses depending on your preference.
- Faster Performance & Better Security: Having NCache servers run inside your own cloud subscription and so close to your application servers gives you two great benefits. First, it ensures extremely fast performance because there is no cost of network hops or VPC/VNET Peering. Secondly, it provides very strong security because no third-party vendor is managing your infrastructure and therefore does not have any access to your highly sensitive data.
- Cloud Migration/Multi-Cloud: You have great flexibility and control over how you use your NCache licenses. You can move your existing NCache licenses from on-premises to the cloud as part of your cloud migration effort. You can also move NCache licenses from one cloud to another or deploy NCache to multiple cloud platforms simultaneously through a common pool of NCache licenses.
- Enterprise and Professional: You can purchase NCache Enterprise or Professional licenses based on your needs and budget. See the edition comparison for details.
- .NET Edition and Java Edition: You also choose to deploy .NET Edition or Java Edition depending on your needs.
- Windows & Linux: You can choose to deploy on Windows or Linux depending on your preferences as both are supported.
NCache Cloud (SaaS) in Azure / AWS
NCache Cloud (SaaS) is a non-hosted cloud offering of NCache Enterprise which you purchase directly from Azure/AWS marketplaces and not Alachisoft. NCache Cloud runs inside your own Azure/AWS subscription and environment and is not hosted by Alachisoft separately. This results in faster performance and stricter security over your deployment environment. Here are some highlights of NCache Cloud:
- Buy directly from the Marketplace (Private Offers): Purchase NCache Cloud directly from the Azure/AWS marketplace. You pay Azure or AWS not only for the underlying infrastructure like cache server VMs, etc. but also for NCache Cloud licenses. Contact our sales team to obtain a custom quote. Then, log in to your Azure/AWS portal to see and approve a private offer against it and you’re done. You’re issued NCache Cloud licenses for that cloud platform. Just activate NCache with them and get started.
- Buy NCache Cloud from existing Azure/AWS Budget: NCache Cloud makes it easy for you to buy it from your existing Azure/AWS budgets without having to get a special budget approval for NCache.
- VMs of your choice with best discounts from Azure / AWS: NCache Cloud cache servers are hosted on VMs of your choice inside your own cloud subscription. You pay for NCache Cloud licenses and your VMs separately. This gives you the freedom to select VMs of your choice (Windows or Linux) and get the best prices and discounts on them directly from Azure / AWS based on your contractual relationship with them. And, you also know exactly how much NCache is costing you versus the VMs.
- Faster Performance & Better Security (non-hosted SaaS): NCache Cloud is a non-hosted SaaS which means it runs inside your own cloud subscription and is very close to your application servers. This gives you two great benefits. First, it ensures extremely fast performance because there is no cost of network hops or VPC/VNET Peering. Secondly, it provides very strong security because no third-party vendor is managing your infrastructure and therefore does not have any access to your highly sensitive data.
- NCache Enterprise Used: NCache Cloud is a non-hosted SaaS offering of NCache Enterprise in Azure and AWS.
- New Versions & Public Patches (Enterprise & Professional): With NCache Cloud (just like regular NCache Enterprise Software), you get new versions and public patches. Once a new version is released, you can download it from our website and upgrade your current deployment to it if you wish.
- Private Patches / Custom Private Images: With NCache Cloud (just like NCache Enterprise Software), you also get private patches that contain critical bug fixes or minor feature enhancements based on your special needs and issues. Our world-class tech support team can prepare these private patches and make them available to you privately.
How to Buy NCache in the Cloud?
Here are a few simple steps for you to evaluate and buy NCache in the cloud:
- Free Trial (use NCache Software): In both Azure and AWS or any other cloud, use NCache Software for your free trial (60 days). You only pay for the underlying infrastructure and not NCache licenses during this free trial. During the trial, feel free to ask our world-class client services team for help if you need any.
- Decide on SaaS versus Software Purchase: Depending on your preference, decide whether you want to purchase NCache Cloud or Software. Either way, you get the same software and this decision is more about whether you want to purchase NCache from Azure/AWS or from Alachisoft and what type of control you need over your licenses.
- Buy NCache Software from Alachisoft: Contact the NCache sales team and obtain a custom quote for NCache Software and buy it. You’re given a license key with which you can activate your NCache Software VMs in Azure/AWS or any other cloud and inside your own cloud subscription.
- Buy NCache Cloud from Azure/AWS Marketplace: Contact the NCache sales team and obtain a custom quote for NCache Cloud. Then, once you approve the custom quote, the salesperson creates a private offer in the Azure/AWS Marketplace portal. Login to your cloud subscription and approve this private offer. You then get NCache Cloud license keys from Alachisoft with which you can activate your NCache Software VMs in Azure/AWS and inside your own subscription.
Multiple Availability Zones & Regions (WAN Replication)
In Azure / AWS and other clouds, NCache Enterprise Software and NCache Cloud provide a powerful WAN Replication feature that allows you to replicate the cache across multiple availability zones within a region or even across multiple regions. You create clustered caches in each availability zone/region and then use NCache Bridge Topology for WAN Replication across all of them. You can replicate clustered caches across the WAN in an active-passive, active-active, and 3+ active-active/active-passive manner.
Get NCache Clients for Azure / AWS
NCache has a server portion and a client portion. The server portion is called NCache Enterprise Software, NCache Professional Software, or NCache Cloud which you install on a VM in Azure / AWS or other clouds. And, the client portion is something you can embed inside your application. You can obtain NCache Client from the following sources:
You can bundle the NCache Client libraries inside your .NET application and deploy to Azure and AWS or any other cloud. However, please note that bundled NCache Client libraries only provide an InProc Client Cache feature. OutProc Client Cache is only possible if you install NCache Client through Windows Installer (.msi file) or a Linux Installer (.tar.gz file).