Manual Deployment in Azure
In this chapter, we'll be discussing Manual Deployment in Azure. For Manual Deployment, you do not have to provide any vital information concerning your cloud subscription, like details of user rights on your subscription. You can manually deploy and manage your NCache Enterprise Cloud subscription through the NCache Cloud Portal.
After you have decided which deployment method suits your needs the best, select the option from the options listed on the screen and click on Next > if you want to get started with server deployment in NCache cloud subscription right away.
- Server VM size is based on the number of cores and memory size. From the dropdown menu, select the VM Server Size that is most appropriate for your use-case.
Usage of NCache is free, however you will need to pay for the underlying infrastructure directly to Azure.
- Choose the number of servers, most appropriate for your cache cluster. In general, three servers per cache cluster are recommended.
- Choose the version of NCache that you want to go with. NCache is offered for both Windows and Linux.
- Enter the username and password details.
This includes the selection of virtual machine size, login credentials, and vendor specific information, which in case of Azure will be:
- Subscription: This is your azure subscription, which will be used for provisioning of resources.
- Resource Group: This will be your Azure Resource Group that will encapsulate all of your provisioned resources.
- VNET: VNET is required by NCache for carrying out network related activities.
- Subnet: A subnetwork or subnet is a logical subdivision of an IP network. One is created by default with a VNET.
In Deployment Configuration form, enter your subscription ID, Resource Group Name, VNET and Subnet Name. And click on Next>.
- On clicking Go to Dashboard, you will be led to the the NCache Cloud Portal Subscription Dashboard displaying your subscription details and deployed servers, if you have any.
On the basis of the information you provided in the previous tab, the NCache Cloud Portal will auto generate a user script to create your VM in Azure.
Copy the script by clicking the Copy Script button.
Click on Launch Azure CLI button to open command line for script execution.
- Tick the checkbox and click on Finish to view dashboard.
- The deployed servers will be visible on your dashboard.