This page explains all the steps required to install the NCache Java Edition in Windows.
NCache installation occurs via an interactive setup wizard by following these steps:
Search for Command Prompt in the Windows Start menu. Right-click on the search result Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator as NCache must install with permission from an admin user.
Install NCache: To install NCache you need to download .msi file from NCache Download Center and run it from Command Prompt using the command below. Please note that the .msi file may have a different name for the .NET Framework installation.
msiexec.exe /I "C:\NCacheSetuPath\ncache.ent.java.x64.msi"
- The following Welcome to the NCache Setup Wizard screen appears:
The next screen asks you to accept the license agreement.
By clicking I accept the terms in the License Agreement, you are making a legal commitment to abide by the Alachisoft Software Agreement for NCache. You cannot proceed without accepting the license agreement.
The Select NCache Installation Type screen appears. Select the required installation and click Next.
- The installer auto-detects the Java's installation directory. If multiple Java versions exist on the system or JAVA_HOME is misconfigured, you'll need to manually enter the Java 17 installation path.
- The Installation Key screen appears, asking for the installation key.
The Installation Key screen only appears for the Cache Server installation type.
This is the key you receive from Alachisoft Support when you register to download NCache Enterprise.
If you do not have the installation key, click on Get Installation Key. User Registration from the Alachisoft website is displayed. Enter all the required information and choose to Register or Log in before receiving an installation key via email. Enter that installation key in the above box and click Next.
The User Information screen appears to ask for your information. Enter all required information and then click Next.
Make sure that the email address provided is the one used during registration with Alachisoft.
- The Select Installation Folder screen seeks confirmation about where to install NCache. Keep the default location or change it if required. Click Next.
The Configure IP Binding and Firewall Ports screen ensures the following prerequisites:
From the dropdown menu, select the IP address you want to bind NCache services.
By default, the firewall configures for all ports used by NCache. Disable the checkbox if you don't want to configure NCache ports with the firewall.
The next screen asks for user credentials with administrative privileges required to monitor PerfMon counters. Enter the account name and password, or use a local system account. Click on Next.
- By default, the NCache Service will create and start a demo cache named demoCache of topology Partition-Replica at the end of setup installation. You can disable this option from this screen by unchecking the "Start demo cache at the end of the process" option. Click on Install when done.
- After the installation is successful, the following screen is displayed. On this screen, there is an option to Launch the NCache Management Center which automatically launches the NCache Management Center at http://localhost:8251 after successful installation. Alternatively, you can choose the option to Launch the Getting Started Guide. After you have made your choice, click Finish.
- If you have used an expired installation key, you will get this screen instead of the exit installation screen:
If you have a license key or extension key, you don't need to worry about this message. Use the Register NCache script to activate your license or extend your evaluation period. Otherwise, contact Alachisoft Sales to purchase an NCache license or extend your evaluation.
You can refer to the Getting Started Guide to set up the NCache environment.
To uninstall NCache through the Graphical User Interface (GUI), follow the steps mentioned below:
- Press Windows + I.
- Click on Apps.
- Under Apps & Features, use the search bar to find NCache or related names.
- Click on NCache from the list and then click the Uninstall button.
- Confirm any prompts and follow the uninstallation steps.