Install/Uninstall NCache Professional for Linux
NCache Professional .NET Core provides a tar.gz file for installation through terminal.
.NET Core 2.2 is a pre-requisite for installing NCache .NET Core.
Download the NCache tar.gz file and place it on your desired location.
In the terminal, extract the tar.gz file through the following command:
tar -zxf <Path to tar.gz file>
After extraction, the installation scripts are placed in the folder named
- In the terminal, go to the directory where NCache installation script is placed.
sudo command grants you the Admin rights and privileges to run NCache scripts.
- For detailed installation usage, run the following command in terminal:
sudo ./install -h
Install NCache Server Mode
For NCache's Linux client installation, run the following command:
sudo ./install -f John -l Smith -e firstname.lastname@example.org -c Alachisoft
If you miss any of these fields, an installation error will occur.
- This will initiate NCache installation and once it is completed, a message will be displayed saying
Installation completed successfully.
NCache is installed in the
/opt/ncache folder by default.
Once NCache is installed, the NCache service will start running automatically.
For uninstallation, go to the
ncache-professional-5.0-dotnet directory where all the necessary scripts are placed.
- In the terminal, execute the following command:
- You will be asked with a Yes/No question to confirm uninstallation. Simply reply with
.NET Core Installation Properties
The following properties are supported by NCache installation by
||Your first name||-|
||Your last name||-|
||Your company name||-|
||Your email address used during registration with Alachisoft.||-|