Install/Uninstall NCache Professional for Linux
NCache Professional .NET Core provides a tar.gz file for installation through terminal.
.NET Core 3.1 is a pre-requisite for installing NCache .NET Core.
Download the NCache tar.gz file and place it on your desired location.
In the terminal, extract the tar.gz file through the following command:
tar -zxf <Path to tar.gz file>
After extraction, the installation scripts are placed in the folder named
- In the terminal, go to the directory where NCache installation script is placed.
sudo command grants you the Admin rights and privileges to run NCache scripts.
- For detailed installation usage, run the following command in terminal:
sudo ./install -h
- For NCache server installation, run the following command:
sudo ./install -f John -l Smith -e email@example.com -c Alachisoft -k xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -m server -s -i 188.8.131.52
- For NCache client installation, run the following command:
sudo ./install -f John -l Smith -e firstname.lastname@example.org -c Alachisoft -m client -s -i 184.108.40.206
If you miss any of these fields, an installation error will occur.
- This will initiate NCache installation and once it is completed, a message will be displayed saying
Installation completed successfully.
NCache is installed in the
/opt/ncache folder by default.
Once NCache is installed, the NCache service will start running automatically.
For uninstallation, go to the
ncache-professional-5.2-dotnet directory where all the necessary scripts are placed.
- In the terminal, execute the following command:
- You will be asked with a Yes/No question to confirm uninstallation. Simply reply with
.NET Core Installation Properties
The following properties are supported by NCache installation by
||Your first name||-|
||Your last name||-|
||Your company name||-|
||Your email address used during registration with Alachisoft.||-|
||The key you are provided with upon downloading NCache.||-|
||Specifies the installation type. Possible values are:
||server (Cache Server)|
||Switch parameter to auto start the demo cache at the end of installation. Possible values are:
||IP address that NCache service binds to.||IP of local machine.|
||Path of .NET home directory.||-|
||Path of Java home directory.||JAVA_HOME environment variable|
||Force create destination directory if the provided directory does not exist.||-|
||Password for user 'ncache'.||-|