NCache Web Management
NCache Enterprise can also be managed and configured via a web-based application known as Web Manager, which allows you to smoothly perform managerial tasks like creating cache, adding server/clients, monitoring and more. It is installed on all cache servers and clients by default with NCache's installation.
NCache Web manager is ASP.NET Core based and therefore, can run on Windows as well as Linux.
Supported Web Browsers
NCache Web Manager supports the latest versions of the following Internet browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer 11 (Please make sure latest version is installed). For IE, you need to add the following URLs to IE trusted sites (Read here to learn how to add URLs to trusted sites):
http://(IPV4):8251where IPV4 is the IP address of the machine (local or remote) on which Web Manager process is running.
Launching NCache Web Manager
Upon starting NCache Service, NCache Web Manager will auto-start by default if not already running. The NCache Web Management Process runs on your local server node with port 8251.
To launch Web Manager in your browser, browse to the following URL:
Information about Web Manager startup after service start is also logged in Event Viewer in Windows.
Enable/Disable Auto Start of NCache Web Manager
By default, auto start of NCache Web Manager upon service start is true. To disable auto start:
Open Alachisoft.NCache.Daemon.dll.config at opt\ncache\bin\service.
Change the following flag to "False". In case the flag is missing, value is true by default.
<add key="NCacheServer.StartWebManagement" value="True"/>
- Restart NCache Service by typing the following in terminal:
> sudo systemctl restart ncached
Manually Start NCache Web Manager
If you want to manually start Web Manager, NCache provides the Start-NCacheWebManagementProcess PowerShell tool.
- From a terminal of your choice, launch PowerShell by typing the following command:
PS at the start of the new line in your terminal will indicate PowerShell has been launched.
- Linux requires to import the NCache module so that NCache tools can be executed.
PS > Import-Module /opt/ncache/bin/tools/ncacheps/
- Enter the following PowerShell command to start the NCache Web Management Process on your local server node. By default, the URL is
PS > Start-NCacheWebManagementProcess
- You can now use NCache Web Manager by browsing to