Configure Firewall for TCP (Optional)
If you have a firewall or a router between your cache clients (web/app servers) and the cache servers, then you must open up specific ports in your firewall. This will ensure that cache clients are able to talk to the cache servers.
NCache server uses the following TCP ports for communication.
- Client/Server Port: 9800 (Default TCP port for cache client and server communication)
- Management Port: 8250 (Default TCP port for PowerShell cmdlets and NCache service)
- Cluster Port: Cluster-port that you define in cache cluster configuration. It is recommended to use a consecutive range of ports, (Default range is 7800-7900), and configure Firewall to allow communication on this port range.
- Cache Management Port: The port range for cache management. The default port range is 8300-8400.
- Web Management Port: 8251 (Default TCP port for NCache Web Management)
If you want to use bridge, open the following ports:
- Bridge Port: Default is 9900.
- Bridge Management port: Default is 8260.
- Bridge Ports: Default port range is 10000-11000.
If there is a port conflict and the above default ports are being used by other applications then you must configure all the cache servers to use different ports.
Step 1: Modify Alachisoft.NCache.Daemon.dll.config file (Optional)
This file is located in
/opt/ncache/bin/service folder on all cache servers.
Change the "Port" for Client/Server communication and "ManagementPort" for NCache management in the file below.
<appSettings> ... <add key="NCacheServer.Port" value="9800"/> <add key="NCacheServer.ManagementPort" value="8250"/> ... </appSettings>
Step 2: Restart NCache Service
Anytime you modify Alachisoft.NCache.Daemon.dll.config, you must restart NCache Service on all cache servers. Do the following in PowerShell:
> sudo systemctl restart ncached