Create New Local Lucene Cache
A Local Lucene cache can be created in the following ways
Make sure NCache Service is started. If it is not started, do the following:
In PowerShell, execute the following command:
Start-Service -Name NCacheSvc
For .NET Core, make sure that you run the NCache service as an administrator. Here are the steps to do so:
- Open Services window and look for NCache in the list.
- Right click on NCacheSvc from the list and choose Properties.
- Go to the Log On tab and click on the Browse button.
- In the object name field, type Administrator and click on the Check Names button.
- It will pick the appropriate Administrator, then click OK.
- Now, set a Password and click OK.
- Right click on the NCache service and choose the Restart option. Now your service will start running as administrator.
Using NCache Web Manager
Launch NCache Web Manager by browsing to http://localhost:8251 or
<server-ip>:8251on Windows and Linux.
In the left navigation bar, click on Local Caches. This opens up the Local Caches page at
<server-ip>:8251/LocalCaches/. The page shows any existing local caches on your machine and additional details like Server and Server Platform.
To create a new local cache, click on New.
- Specify the Server Node IP / Name and click Next.
- Specify the In-Memory Store Type as Distributed Lucene with Persistence from the dropdown menu. Afterwards, specify the Name and Isolation Level. Click Next.
If a cache already exists against the Name specified, you are prompted with an error message.
A Local Lucene cache only supports JSON serialization and outproc mode.
- Change the cache size if required and click Next.
- You have two options, Create new indexes and Use existing indexes. Chose the former option and specify your index path in the field next to the Index Path label. The default path is C:\ProgramData\ncache\lucene-index. Once done, click on Validate Path.
Unless the index path has been validated successfully, you can't proceed further with the cache creation process.
- If you want to enable encryption and compression, check the Enable Encryption and Enable Compression checkboxes. If enabled, set the Providers and Key for encryption and Threshold Size for compression. Click Next.
In Advanced Options page, you can configure the following settings:
Eviction is disabled by default.
You can change the Clean interval value. Default is 15 seconds.
This cache can be started automatically upon the completion of this process if you have checked the Start this cache on Finish checkbox on this dialog box.
You can make the cache to start automatically after service restart by checking the checkbox Auto start this cache on service startup.
- Click Finish. The created cache will appear on the Local Caches page, and a success notification will be received in the notification panel.
New-Cache cmdlet enables the user to create a new cache on one or more server nodes.
This command creates a cache called myCache of Local topology with
Size of 1024MB and
InMemoryStoreType specified as DistributedLuceneWithPersistence on the node 188.8.131.52
New-Cache myCache -Topology Local -InMemoryStoreType DistributedLuceneWithPersistence -Server 184.108.40.206 -Size 1024