Getting Started with NCache Cloud in AWS
NCache provides Enterprise and Professional server images on AWS for Windows servers hosted on the Amazon marketplace. In order to deploy and use NCache servers in the Amazon environment, you need to host NCache cloud images from the AWS marketplace. This section explains the deployment of NCache servers through the AWS marketplace and creates a cache cluster to connect the client applications with it.
This image is shipped with Windows Server 2019, .NET Framework 4.8 and 6.0.
NCache Enterprise and Professional is available under the Bring Your Own License (BYOL) model.
Configuration Using Amazon AWS Marketplace
Sign in to the Amazon AWS Console with your work email.
From the All Services section, choose EC2 under the Compute menu.
Go to the Launch Instance section and select Launch Instance from the drop down menu.
On launching an instance, a new page is opened. Click on the search bar and search NCache.
Select AWS Marketplace and Click on NCache Enterprise or Professional Software based on your requirement. Here, we proceed with NCache Enterprise Software.
To use Linux Image, deploy NCache Enterprise Software (Linux).
On clicking Select, you get the pricing details and product description on the page opened. Click on Continue.
Now choose your desired Machine Type. The least Machine Type supported by NCache is t2.large from the General Purpose family.
You will be prompted with a key pair name. Enter your key pair name.
You can also Create new key pair. Click on Create new key pair, Enter Name, Select Format, and click on Create Key Pair.
- Click on Configure Security Group. Select the security group and add rules to allow specific traffic to reach your instance.
Security group rule 2 Port Range 8250 and Security group rule 3 Port Range 8251 are added by default.
Click on Add security group rule. You need to add the port 3389 to allow communication.
Configure the storage details according to your requirements and Click on Configure Storage. By default, gp2 is selected. To enhance storage, you can select Magnetic (standard) from the dropdown list.
Click on the Launch Instance button and your instance will be created. Select the instance and click on Connect.
Your instance may take some time to start running. You can click on the View Instances button at the bottom to view your deployed instances.
- Click on the Connect button once your instance is created and running. It gives you the prompt below. Go to RDP Client and Click on Download remote desktop file:
Click on Get Password to retrieve the password using the key-pair.pem file. Copy and paste the contents from the downloaded file and click on Decrypt password.
Login with your credentials to access the remote machine.
You have to activate NCache on your deployed machine otherwise you will not be able to use NCache.
Once downloaded, connect to the virtual machine created for the cache server using the credentials provided in the form filled earlier. In the NCache Management Center, you will be prompted with Your machine is not registered window.
- In order to use NCache, you first need to register your machine. You can either register for a free evaluation by selecting Start Free 60 Day Trial or activate NCache by selecting Activate with License Key. You can also choose to ignore the message for now by clicking on Ask me Later however, you will not be able to use NCache meanwhile.
In order to use NCache, you need to either register for a free evaluation or activate the license.
Register for Free Evaluation
If you want to register for a free evaluation, follow these steps.
- Click on Start Free 60 Day Trial and you will be redirected to the Start NCache Trial page. Provide the free trial activation key that you received from Alachisoft Support and the user information. Then click Activate.
If you don't have the free trial activation key, you can get it using the Click Here link.
- On success, you will be prompted with a success notification saying NCache has been successfully registered for Free Evaluation.
You can also register for NCache evaluation using Register-NCacheEvaluation PowerShell cmdlet as an administrator.
Activate with License Key
If you want to activate NCache with a purchased license, follow these steps.
- Click on Activate with License Key and you will be redirected to the Activate License page. Provide the license key that you received from firstname.lastname@example.org and environment details. Click Next.
- Provide the information of the user for which NCache has been registered and Click Activate.
- On success, you will be prompted with a success notification saying NCache has been successfully License Activated.
You can also activate NCache using Register-NCache PowerShell cmdlet as an administrator.
You need to do the registration/activation for all cache servers either through the NCache Management Center or PowerShell.
See Configure Cache Cluster in AWS to create a running cache cluster inside your AWS VM.