Create Pub/Sub Messaging Cache
This section will demonstrate how you can create a Pub/Sub Messaging cache through the NCache Management Center and Command Line Interface.
Using NCache Management Center
Launch the NCache Management Center by browsing to http://localhost:8251 or
<server-ip>:8251on Windows and Linux.
In the left navigation bar, click on Clustered Caches. This opens up the Clustered Caches page at
To create a new Pub/Sub Messaging cache, click on New.
- From the In-Memory Store Type dropdown menu, select Pub/Sub Messaging and specify the name of your cache. Select JSON or Binary from the Serialization dropdown menu as per your requirement. Click Next.
It is recommended that you use JSON serialization if you are using ASP.NET 5.0 and above. For more details click here.
- Select the caching topology and any advanced options like Operation Timeout and Statistic Replication Interval. If you have selected the Partition-Replica Cache topology, you have to select a Replication Strategy, either Asynchronous or Synchronous. Click Next.
- Specify Maximum Size of the cache, if required. You can also add cache nodes to the cluster by specifying the node IP address and clicking on the Add Node button. To add more nodes, click Add Node. Click Next once all the required nodes are added.
If the cache is already registered on that node, notification is prompted.
- Change the Cluster Port and Port Range if required. Enable pipelining for the cache if required by checking the Enable Pipelining checkbox. Set the Batch Interval for the duration after which the commands will be transmitted over the network in microseconds. Click Next.
- If you want to enable encryption and compression, check the Enable Encryption and Enable Compression checkboxes. If enabled, set the Providers and Key for encryption and Threshold Size for compression. Click Next.
- Click Finish. The created cache will appear on the Clustered Caches page with the server nodes and their status. A success notification will be received in the notification panel.
Using Command Line Interface
You can use PowerShell to manage Pub/Sub Messaging caches by using the NCache supported Command Line Interface.
The New-Cache cmdlet enables the user to create a new cache on one or more server nodes.
This command creates a Pub/Sub Messaging cache named demoPubSubCache of Partitioned-Replica topology of size 1024MB on server nodes 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168.
New-Cache demoPubSubCache -InMemoryStoreType PubSubMessaging -Server "22.214.171.124,126.96.36.199" -Size 1024 -Topology PartitionedOfReplica
Once the cache is created, you need to start a clustered cache on all the server nodes so that operations can be performed on it. Start-Cache cmdlet enables the user to start the registered cache and Cache process on the nodes.
Perform this step on all server nodes to start the previously created demoPubSubCache.
Start-Cache -Name demoPubSubCache