Resource Configuration in AWS
In this section, we will configure the parameters for the virtual machines which we will deploy. This includes the selection of virtual machine size, login credentials, and vendor specific information, which in case of AWS will be:
- Region: This is the geographical location, where the virtual machine and its associated resources will be located.
- VPC: This will be your AWS Virtual Private Cloud that assists you in launching your AWS resources in a logically isolated manner.
- VNET: This is required by NCache for carrying out network related activities.
- Subnet: This is also a requirement for establishing cluster communication.
Select the NCache Version and Server VM Size from the dropdown lists. Server VM size is based on the number of cores and memory size. Additionally, choose the version of NCache that you want to go with. NCache is offered for both Windows and Linux.
Enter the Number of Servers you need to deploy.
Select Region, VPC, Internet Gateway, and Subnet in which you want these servers to be deployed.
You may choose to enable HTTPS for accessing the NCache Manager publicly. Do note that this will be a self-signed TLS/SSL certificate and modern browsers will throw a security warning.
NCache servers will be deployed in the VPC you provide here.
On clicking Go to Dashboard you will be led to the the NCache Cloud Portal Subscription Dashboard displaying your subscription details and deployed servers, if you have any.
- Click on Next: Review & Create to review details and then the Deploy Servers button which will lead you to a page displaying your servers: