We are excited to announce the release of NCache 5.0 Service Pack 2! This latest release provides new enhancements to NCache along with some important bug fixes. NCache 5.0 SP2 is a recommended upgrade for all NCache users. The latest edition brings with it support for multiple cache clusters in a bridge, LDAP security, custom dependency enhancements, Pub/Sub enhancements, configurable pipe-lining and architectural changes to add support for dynamically registering modules. To find out more about the latest features and enhancements in our NCache 5.0 SP2 release, you may find the release notes here.
What’s New in 5.0 SP2
Along with significant performance optimizations, NCache 5.0 SP2 has many feature enhancements which will provide you with the in-memory speed and massive scalability capabilities that your business needs for its mission critical applications. You can take advantage of the following key features with NCache 5.0 SP2:
- Increased Performance with Configurable Pipelining: NCache now uses System.IO.Pipelines for high performance IO operations between clients and servers. Due to this approach, NCache is able to perform 2 Million operations per second on a 5-node cluster!
- Support for more than 2 cache clusters in Bridge: NCache provides a bridge to handle WAN replication between geographically separated cache clusters. The bridge allows for an asynchronous replication of data so there is no performance degradation in either the caches or your application. This ensures backup and data recovery in case of disaster.
- Manual state transfer between Caches in a Bridge: Even though active caches replicate their data automatically to the other caches in a bridge, the state transfer between the caches is no longer automatic. When a cache goes down or a new cluster is added, a manual interaction to synchronize caches is required.
- LDAP Security: LDAP security support is added for both Windows and Linux. Previously, there was no support for LDAP on Linux, while Windows had Active Directory based support.
- Pub/Sub Enhancements: New Pub/Sub Enhancements include asynchronous message publishing, asynchronous TOPIC creation and bulk message publishing.
- Custom Dependency Enhancements: New enhancements include bulk evaluation of custom dependencies, Multi-threaded evaluation of custom dependencies and extensible notifiable dependencies
- Pluggable Modules: Architectural changes have been made to NCache to add support for dynamically registering modules that can use NCache’s distributed architecture without making any changes in NCache’s source code. Lucene.NET support is also added through NCache Modules.
- More Powershell Cmdlets: New Powershell Cmdlets have been added like New-Bridge, Remove Bridge, Add-Bridge Node, Remove-Bridge Node, Add-Bridge Cache, Remove-Bridge Cache, Set-Bridge Cache Mode, Start-Bridge State Transfer.
If you’d like more details, please check out our NCache Edition Comparison.
List of Bugs Fixed:
744186 FIX: NCache Web Manager has broken input controls on FireFox.
744187 FIX: NCache Web Manager’s statistics window consume high memory if left opened.
744188 FIX: There is no option to configure eviction settings for client caches.
744189 FIX: Items from client cache are removed if there is a network glitch between cluster and client cache.
744190 FIX: Evaluation extension tool is not available in Linux installation of NCache Professional edition.
Available in Azure & AWS Marketplace
NCache 5.0 SP2 is available in both Azure and AWS virtual private clouds (VPC), NCache Enterprise is available as a Virtual Machine (VM) that you can use in a BYOL licensing model. These VMs are preconfigured with NCache and make your process of setting up NCache totally seamless. Below are the links to Cloud Provider Marketplaces:
BYOL means that you pay Azure and AWS for the underlying VM and pay Alachisoft for NCache software licenses. NCache offers annual subscriptions for its software in both Azure and AWS. [Read More]
Get Started with NCache 5.0 Service Pack 2
You can start evaluating a free 60-day trial for the latest NCache 5.0 SP2 release with latest features of NCache Enterprise that can help you build highly scalable and performance-optimized .NET applications.
To find out more about the latest features and enhancements in our NCache 5.0 SP2 release, you may find release notes here.