We are excited to announce the release of NCache 5.0 Service Pack 3! The latest version provides new enhancements to NCache along with some important bug fixes. NCache 5.0 SP3 is a recommended upgrade for all NCache users. The latest edition brings licensing changes for SaaS users, new PowerShell commands as well as enhancements in the existing PowerShell commands.
To learn more about the changes and improvements in NCache 5.0 Service Pack 3, you can read our release notes here.
What’s New in 5.0 SP3
Along with significant performance optimizations, NCache 5.0 SP3 has several feature enhancements which will provide you with the in-memory speed and massive scalability capabilities that your business needs for its mission critical applications.
You can take advantage of the following new features with NCache 5.0 SP3:
Up to 4 licenses required for remote clients in NCache SaaS offering: NCache Remote Clients normally require at least 2 licenses per box. If a machine has more than 8 cores, it requires an additional license for every 4 cores. However, for NCache SaaS users, the licenses required for remote clients never exceed 4 even if the number of cores on that machine are more than 16.
New PowerShell Commands: Here are our new PowerShell commands added in SP3:
- Get-AllCacheLogs to retrieve a list of all cache logs for a given cache.
- Get-CacheLog to retrieve complete log file for a given cache with the given cache name.
- Create-MemoryDump for the given cache or service.
- Get-AllMemoryDumps to print a list of all memory dumps taken with their sizes.
- Remove-MemoryDump to remove the given memory dump from the disk.
Enhancements in existing PowerShell Commands: Here are the new enhancements to existing PowerShell commands:
- Test-Stress, Get-CacheCount and Add-TestData optionally take “-Servers” parameter so that you don’t have to add clients in cache to use these tools.
- Export-CacheConfiguration command exports the config.ncconf of the given server completely if cache name is not specified.
If you’d like more details, please check out our NCache Edition Comparison.
List of Bugs Fixed:
- 744191 FIX: EFCore extension method. FromCache fails if cache is not available but database is.
- 744192 FIX: OutputCacheProvider integration being unable create CacheItem with expiration value DateTime.MaxValue if the time zone is UTc+.
- 744193 FIX: KeepAlive is not automatically enabled in case of Server-Activated Licensing
Get Started with NCache 5.0 Service Pack 3
You can start evaluating a free 60-day trial for the latest NCache 5.0 SP3 release with latest features of NCache Enterprise that can help you build highly scalable and performance-optimized .NET/.NET Core applications.