The NCache team is happy to announce the release of NCache 5.1! This latest release provides new enhancements to NCache along with some important bug fixes. With this latest release, users can now create FREE DEV/Test cache servers and can also register remote machines for a FREE evaluation of NCache as well.
To learn more about what’s in this new release, check out our NCache 5.1 Release Notes.
What’s New in NCache 5.1
Along with major bug fixes and performance optimizations, NCache 5.1 has many feature enhancements which will provide you with the in-memory speed and massive scalability capabilities that your business needs for its data-intensive applications.
The following key features strengthen the NCache offering even further:
- Memory and vCPU-based Licensing
Server-only licensing now also takes memory into consideration for calculating the number of licenses required on a machine. The number of clients that can connect to a server is now unlimited in the server-only licensing model.The number of licenses required on a machine is determined based on a combination of RAM size and the number of vCPUs. These combinations are given on the NCache pricing page in the form of license plans.
- Server based activation
Even if your license model is client-server, you’re only required to activate cache servers. At the time of activation, users need to specify the number of client licenses as well to activate on the cache server.
NCache Professional edition does not support this licensing scheme.
- FREE DEV/Test Cache servers
Users can now create FREE DEV/Test cache servers. Remote clients can connect to these cache servers with a few limitations;
- Only standalone (local) caches are supported.
- Max of 3 caches per node.
- Max of 2 GB combined size of running caches per node.
- Max of 25 requests/second per cache.
- Cache size is not hot applicable.
- Register remote machines for NCache evaluation
Now users can register remote machines for a FREE evaluation of NCache using the ‘-Server’ parameter in Register-NCacheEvaluation Powershell command.
List of Bugs Fixed:
- 744198 FIX: Get-NCacheVersion of a remote machine showing wrong system information.
- 744199 FIX: NCache is only installed in default install directory. Custom directory is not picked by the installer.
- 744200 FIX: NCache web manager shows evaluation expiry message for caches on DEV edition.
Get Started with NCache 5.1
You can start evaluating a free 60-day trial of our NCache 5.1 release with the latest features of NCache Enterprise which will help you build highly scalable and performance-optimized .NET/.NET Core applications.