Release Notes NCache 4.6 (Service Pack 3)
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
NCache 4.6 SP3 contains a few minor features and client cache optimizations. There are also various bug
fixes reported by customers. This is a recommended upgrade for all NCache users.
Enhancements and New Additions
Following are some enhancements made in this release:
- SignalR Backplane with NCache:
With NCache 4.6 SP3, cache can be used to distribute messages across a SignalR application
that is deployed on multiple web servers.
- Client Side Data Reader:
Client side data reader is introduced which is more stable and fault tolerant during the state
transfer in cache.
- More Samples:
More samples have been shipped with NCache installation. Existing samples are also refactored.
List of Bugs Fixed:
- 744149 FIX: Cache operations timeout if application is using threadpool extensively.
- 744150 FIX: State transfer takes too much time.
- 744150 FIX: ExecuteReader call throws statetransfer lost exception on node up or down.
- 744151 FIX: Value cannot be null exception when client cache is being used.
- 744152 FIX: “Input is not a complete block” exception is thrown on a few requests if client cache is
being used with encryption enabled.
- 744153 FIX: Object reference exception on in-proc client cache initialization from ASP.NET
- 744154 FIX: Value cannot be null exception when client cache is being used.
- 744155 FIX: Caches configured for auto-start do not start automatically if security in configured on