We are excited to announce the release of NCache 5.0 Service Pack 1. The latest release provides major new features. NCache 5.0 SP1 is a recommended upgrade for all NCache users. A major refactoring has been made to NCache API to make it simpler and easy to use by reducing the number of overloads to various methods. The latest edition comes with major performance improvement along with support for distributed data types and full-text searching capabilities using distributed Lucene.net. Find out more below about the latest features and enhancements in NCache 5.0 SP1 release. You may find release notes here
What’s New in 5.0 SP1
Along with significant performance improvements and modern API, NCache 5.0 SP1 has many feature enhancements which provide you with in-memory speed and massive scalability capabilities that your business needs for data-intensive applications. Following key features strengthens the NCache offering further:
- Modern New NCache API: NCache has completely revamped its legacy API and introduced a new modern API. Legacy API is still available for those people who’ve been using older NCache versions. New NCache API is much simpler and easy to use and reduces the number of overloads in various methods. The new API is also using the latest features of C# and .NET Framework (Task Parallel Library, Async Methods, and Generics).
- Distributed Data Structures: NCache now has distributed data structures provided as implementations of .NET data structure interfaces. This includes Distributed List, Distributed HashSet, Distributed Dictionary, Distributed Queue, and Counter implementations are provided. [Read More]
- Full-Text Search – Distributed Lucene: Lucene.NET is a famous full-text search engine library written in .NET that is a port from Java. But, Lucene.NET is a stand-alone library suitable for a single instance usage. NCache has taken this Open Source Lucene.NET project and transformed it into a Distributed Lucene.NET that is also Open Source and available at GitHub. The Distributed Lucene.NET allows .NET applications running in a high transaction multi-server environment to incorporate full-text searching capability in a fast and scalable manner. With NCache and Distributed Lucene.NET, you can do full-text searching in a distributed environment. [Read More]
- Web-Based Management & Monitoring Tools: NCache has completely redesigned and freshly developed all its management and monitoring tools as web-based tools. Previously, NCache provided Windows desktop tools called NCache Manager and NCache Monitor. Now, all these features are available through the new web-based tools. Users can connect to any cache server from their browsers to start managing and monitoring their cache clusters remotely. Users can also manage both Windows and Linux based cache servers in the same way through the same tools. [Read More]
- JSON Serialization: NCache users can now benefit using efficient JSON serialization in addition to Binary Serialization. JSON serialization is more efficient but more importantly, JSON provides portability to different languages. JSON also enables you to export data since JSON is a well-known standard. [Read More]
- Scheduled Maintenance Support (POR Topology): NCache now allows you to bring a cache server down in “Scheduled Maintenance Mode” in which case NCache does not automatically repartition the cluster and keeps current partition map intact. Making cache cluster maintenance and support easier. When you bring the node back up, it obtains the latest data from its replica and reestablishes itself as the active partition.[Read More]
- ASP.NET Core SignalR Backplane: We have provided NCache extension for ASP.NET Core SignalR with NCache 5.0 SP1. NCache extends the ISignalRServerBuilder() method with its AddNCache() method which requires just the cache name, event key and user credentials for the item added. This acts as the registration point for the clients against the ASP.NET Core SignalR implementation. [Read More]
NCache Open Source Feature-Set Revised
Reconsidering our business strategy, we have revised the Open source and the Professional editions feature-set. For a brief time, we had increased the number of features available freely in Open Source edition. But we have now decided to roll-back to our earlier strategy of having a reduced but fairly decent number of features available in Open Source and Professional Edition. You can have a detailed comparison between Open-Source, Professional and Enterprise Editions here. [Read More]
Available in Azure & AWS Marketplace
NCache 5.0 SP1 is available in both Azure and AWS virtual private clouds (VPC), NCache Enterprise is available as a Virtual Machine (VM) that you can use in a BYOL licensing model. These VMs are preconfigured with NCache and make your process of setting up NCache totally seamless. Below are the links to Cloud Provider Marketplaces:
BYOL means that you pay Azure and AWS for the underlying VM and pay Alachisoft for NCache software licenses. NCache offers annual subscriptions for its software in both Azure and AWS. [Read More]
Get Started with NCache 5.0 Service Pack 1
You can download your copy of NCache 5.0 SP1. Here are what’s new in NCache. Want to know more what’s in this release. Here are NCache 5.0 Release Notes.
You can start evaluating a free 60-day trial for the latest NCache 5.0 SP1 release with latest features of NCache that can help you build highly scalable and performance-optimized .NET applications.